Anyone for Extreme Fasting?

Are you ready for that extreme fast? Most people cannot imagine going one day without eating their favorite food (food period) or snack. There are techniques for the novice to ease into a fast. My favorite is the four day pre-fast. Day one, you eat raw vegetables and fruits and drink water. Day two, you eat fruits (it is said to clean your blood) and drink water. Day three pick one water rich fruit (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries) to eat and drink water. Day four take pineapple juice (half water/half juice) and drink both water and juice this day. Day five, drink only water.
I am fasting this week. I started on Sunday. I put 1/8 of a teaspoon of Himalayan salt in a gallon of distilled water. I take a 32-ounce container of vegetable broth and dilute it with a nutritious herbal infusion (1/2 broth/1/2 herbal infusion). The herbal infusion is 2 tablespoons of oat straw, 2 tablespoons of stinging nettle, an inch-long piece of turmeric root and 3 cloves of garlic. I usually let the herbal infusion sit at least four hours before adding it to the vegetable broth. It makes 8 glasses. I make an herbal tea for detox; 32-ounces or 4 glasses. I also take my 42 grams of protein and put it in 32-ounces of the Himalayan salt infused distilled water mentioned above (I use New Whey liquid protein because of I am not fond of chalky taste of powdered protein).
When I wake in the morning, I drink 8 ounces of room temperature distilled water with the juice of one small lemon. I take 2 thermoses of hot liquids to work. When I get to work, I drink 8 ounces of my protein infused water. By 9am, I have 8 ounces of hot nutrition infused vegetable broth. An hour later, I have 8 ounces of herbal tea. I continue alternating liquids for 12-hours. I usually am finished by 8 or 9pm. I start the entire process again in the morning when I wake.

Himalayan salt is awesome. About 200 million years ago, sea salt beds that were covered with lava and enveloped in snow and ice for millennia, protected from modern day pollution and preserved in an intact, unspoiled environment. Plus, it adds 84 trace minerals and elements that are found in your human body.
Oat straw is known to strengthen and steady nerves, stabilize blood sugar, prevent osteoporosis and eczema.

Stinging nettle increases energy, restores adrenal gland function, normalizes hormones, improves the immune system, strengthen lung, veins, the circulatory and digestive system and prevent osteoporosis.

Protein make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals and is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. We use protein to build and repair tissues. Even your hair and nails are made mostly of protein.


I have been doing extremely well. The hunger pains go away after the 3rd day. Some of the benefits that I hope to achieve are improvements in blood pressure, my cholesterol levels, and my insulin sensitivity. It has been found longer periods of fasting (2-4 days)- may reboot the immune system, clearing out the old cells and regenerating new ones. This process can protect against cell damage caused by factors such as aging and even chemotherapy.

Comments

Popular Posts